tisdag 22 mars 2011

Change in lifestyle

I have just made a big decision. From now on, I'm going to become a vegetarian. I've thought about this a lot lately and now I've made up my mind. There are no religous reasons behind this it's simply because I think that the way people raise animals for just one purpose, to be eaten, is wrong. In addition, many of these animals are raised in doubtful conditions.
If we look at hens for example. They are forced to live in small cages together with three or four other hens troughout their lifetime before they fulfill their purpose, to be eaten, to become food. Now I'm not saying that everyone who raises chicken does it this way but many do. Simply because it's cheaper and easier.
There are many videos on youtube where you can see how bad the conditions are for animals around the world. Many of you chose not to look at stuff like this. You just turn and look the other way. Maybe because you don't want to face reality, it makes you sad, or because you might just not care. It might be the easiest way to go. But imagine what a big difference you can make if you stop eating meat. It's even better if you get others to do it too. Many animals will be saved and the egoistic people who treats the animals wrong won't make as much profit.
I'm not forcing anyone to become a vegetarian, it's your own choice and I respect your decision. I'm not going to eat chicken, beaf, pork, fish or any shellfish. One of the things that made me change my mind was the documentary Oceans that I watched a couple of days ago. Some scenes are just heart-breaking. Like the one where some fishers catch a shark and cut of all its fins before they throw it bag in the ocean, alive. And we get to see how it struggles to swim away but it can do nothing as he sinks to the bottom. I almost started crying to be honest.

Question of the day: How can people be so cruel?

Vegetarian food ;) This might not look that tasty but there are many other delicious meals.

¨
I told you about this documentary before. It's good, watch it!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar